715.377.3860; ext. 2410
K-5 School Counseling curriculum includes:
- Academic support, including organizational, study and test-taking skills.
- Goal setting and decision-making.
- Career awareness, exploration and planning.
- Education on understanding self and others.
- Peer relationships, coping strategies and effective social skills.
- Communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Substance abuse education.
- Multicultural/diversity awareness.
- Individual student planning.
Academic planning includes:
- Goal setting/decision-making.
- Education on understanding of self, including strengths and weaknesses.
- Transition plans.
- Individual and small-group counseling.
- Individual/family/school crisis intervention.
- Conflict resolution.
- Referrals to community resources.